March 28, 2024, 04:35:42 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Bleaching cbd powder  (Read 2396 times)

Offline Fitness1

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Bleaching cbd powder
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:32:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to bleach a colored chemical white? I need the chemical to be white in color and right now it's yellowish orange

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Bleaching cbd powder
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:11:23 PM »
Some things will be never white, as being non-white is an irremovable part of their properties.

I am assuming by CBD you mean cannabidiol  - isn't it a Schedule I drug?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 07:22:28 PM by Borek »
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline cosmonaut

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
In the States recreational or otherwise is legal but also depends on which state.

I don't think you can make this white unless mixed with a food grade pigment/dye but would ultimately dilute your active ingredient.  This may not be an issue depending on the purity of your starting material.

On the other hand you may be able to make it clear...There is company in Oregon or Colorado that makes glass clear product through some chemical modification.  I think they have a patent though.

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +148/-10
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 03:39:27 AM »
You can try activated carbon?
You need to dissolve the compound first, acetone maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkuNjEs0DPU

Offline Synthol

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 04:21:24 PM »
You could try chromatography, or vacuum Short path destillation - kugelrohr for example, but i guess it might be out of reach.

However in my opinion it will be enough to recrystallise your CBD in n-pentane, avoid using  alcohols such as methanol or ethanol becouse they are highly polar and so most diols are far too soluble in them for succesfull recrystallization, I’d also add activated carbon once CBD has dissolved in solvent then quick filtration (for best hot) and very slowly chill the product.

If the product remains dirty repeat procedure w/ fresh solvent.   

* dont add too much activated carbon as it might trap some of your product once most off impurities are gone.

If u Have trouble understanding recrystallization, respond I’ll write down the procedure for u
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 06:04:07 PM by Synthol »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 03:39:01 AM »
If u Have trouble understanding recrystallization, respond I’ll write down the procedure for u

That's the part I would prefer you not to, just like we prefer not using "u" for "you", please read the forum rules.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Synthol

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 07:37:45 AM »

That's the part I would prefer you not to, just like we prefer not using "u" for "you", please read the forum rules.

Sorry, I’m new here, i will try to avoid such shortcuts.

But what about cbd?  is it counted as a drug on this forum? It is inactive to central nervous system, and legal in most countries worldwide with No restrictions to its use - place where i live including what’s more in most cases it is less controlled than alcohol or nicotine becouse there is No age restrictions in order to buy cbd product as it is treated as medicament sold in oils, tea, etc.
But if it is prohibited on the forum i will Respect this rule.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 08:41:01 AM »
We typically do not help people isolate or purify compounds they intend to use for personal consumption, psychoactive or not. What if they do it incorrectly or use the wrong solvent? What if thermal degradation of their compound has a toxic byproduct? Suddenly their previously harmless material is contaminated with unknowns.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
    • Chembuddy
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »
But what about cbd?  is it counted as a drug on this forum?

To be honest - it is a gray area. In general we don't discuss drugs nor procedures leading to their synthesis/purification, but there is no problem with discussing the reaction mechanism. Trick is, there is no clear cut between what the drug is and what is not, just like there is no clear border between where the discussion of mechanism starts to be too close to the procedure itself. Some things are clearly against the rules, some are clearly OK with the rules, some require arbitrary decision by one of the mods. Basically no way to avoid it.

Offline Synthol

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 10:34:23 AM »
We typically do not help people isolate or purify compounds they intend to use for personal consumption, psychoactive or not. What if they do it incorrectly or use the wrong solvent? What if thermal degradation of their compound has a toxic byproduct? Suddenly their previously harmless material is contaminated with unknowns.

Thats logical expanation, I will keep it in mind. Surely No chemicals from ordinary lab should be ingested in any way.

Offline Ace864

• Very New Member
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 03:55:41 PM »
Honestly, it is hard to remove CBD oil from clothes. If the CBD or marijuana is legal at a place where you live, you can just give your clothes to the dry cleaning. They should know how to get rid of any oil stamps. You can also try to use bleach, but I cannot guarantee you that it will work and you won’t ruin your clothes. My friend once spilled a small bottle of CBD oil on himself. He couldn’t get rid of the smell and the stain. He had to through away his favorite T-shirt. Now he only buys bulk weed Canada and stays away from the CBD oil. At least this story is a fun thing to remember.

Sponsored Links