April 19, 2024, 06:47:11 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Highschool chemistry  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Davidsigalaa

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-1
Highschool chemistry
« on: May 27, 2020, 07:32:52 PM »
This is my chem final and I need it to be 100% correct or els I won’t pass that class, I really need help with this

Offline MNIO

• Mole Snacks: +12/-3
Re: Highschool chemistry
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »
And what exactly are you looking for?  Someone to take your exam for you so that you don't fail?  I've got news for you.  If you can't answer those 10 questions you posted, you don't deserve a passing grade.

Offline Meter

• Mole Snacks: +14/-3
  • Take what I say with a grain of salt
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 09:17:38 AM »
And what exactly are you looking for?  Someone to take your exam for you so that you don't fail?  I've got news for you.  If you can't answer those 10 questions you posted, you don't deserve a passing grade.
Side-question: I don't recall learning how to do thermochemical calculations in upper secondary education. Where does one begin?

Offline MNIO

• Mole Snacks: +12/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 03:15:06 PM »
Side-question: I don't recall learning how to do thermochemical calculations in upper secondary education. Where does one begin?

High school students and university level students here in the U.S. use a variety of general chemistry textbooks.  As you can imagine. The top and typical books are shown in the pic I've attached.  In that pic, I opened the electronic version of each of those textbooks and turned to the chapter on thermochemical calculations.  Usually it's chapter 6.  Sometimes 5.  Sometimes 7.  See for yourself.  Point is ALL general chemistry textbooks cover this material.  It's simply not possible to pass chemistry without being exposed to and without knowing this material.

Regardless, DavidSigalaa posted his final exam here for what purpose? For someone like me give him the answers so that he can pass the class?  Does that sound right to you?  I personally don't believe David should pass the class if he can't answer these very simple questions accurately.  And I personally don't believe other people should take his test so that he can get a passing grade that he didn't earn for himself.  Imagine if David went through college and had other people take all his exams for him and was awarded a degree in chemical engineering.  And then blew up a plant and killed a load of workers.  Or, became a doctor and operated on you and accidentally castrated you while removing a mole because he didn't know what he was doing.  Why not just print him a degree now and turn him loose?  Clearly that would be unethical.  And ethics is something David seems to be missing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 03:28:57 PM by MNIO »

Sponsored Links