March 28, 2024, 02:31:01 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Connect external reference electrode to cheap meter with a combined input?  (Read 867 times)

Offline AbelianMemes

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
I am trying to put together an inexpensive pH meter setup. The requirements are that I need an iodide specific, ion indicating electrode and a sliver-silver chloride reference electrode. Combined probes such as this exist, but are very expensive (> $250). Alternatively, I can buy just the Chinese made Shanghai Leici iodide electrode from Aliexpress for only $58, but I am uncertain how I would connect an external silver, silver-chloride reference electrode in this case.

The cheap pH meters only have a single BNC connector for a combined electrode. They don't have a separate port for the reference electrode. Can I simply solder the reference electrode wire directly to the outside of the BNC connector?  I am not sure how the electrical setup of these meters actually works.

Can anyone offer me some guidance on how I can convert 2 independent probes, the ion probe with a BNC connector, and the reference electrode with just a ground wire connector, to work with a cheap meter that only has a BNC connector and no separate reference wire input?

Sponsored Links