March 28, 2024, 07:51:41 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Looking for experience in Mid-Michigan  (Read 869 times)

Offline phantom471

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Looking for experience in Mid-Michigan
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
Hey all,

My prospects for internships/entry level positions/research went up in flames when this corona virus stuff happened. I’ve applied at a couple places and cold-called a couple others to no avail. I thought it would be worth a shot to see if anyone on Chemistry Forums can help me. (Let me emphasize that pleading with strangers on the internet is my absolute last resort). Basically, I’m on my final year of college at the University of Michigan-Flint, and I’m looking to get more experience in the field before I graduate. So like research, internship, or an entry-level position. Or even a job shadowing opportunity. I’m working towards my B.S. in chemistry.

Sorry if this post sounds too informal. I do already have some research-lab experience if that helps at all. I live in mid-Michigan – close to the Flint area. PM me for a resumé.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Looking for experience in Mid-Michigan
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 03:39:14 PM »
You mean like a summer position? Even without Covid, it's probably too late to lock something up for this summer. If you're willing to do stuff over the school year, see if any of the chemistry faculty maintains a research laboratory that you can volunteer at for some experience. Depending on your post-graduate plans, you should try to start exploring options in the early to mid spring.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links