April 18, 2024, 11:02:18 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Stretchers as part of the Antibody-Drug Conjugates formulas.  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Ditania

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello all!!

I'm a translator and I'm trying to understand what a "stretcher" is in order to be able to find a suitable translation. All the texts I've found on the internet talk about the "stretcher" as something well known, but I don't know them!
The text I have to translate talks about methods for making antibody-drug conjugates and a stretcher is part of one of the formulas.
In the text the stretcher is mention as followed:
Str is a stretcher.
In the linker of the Formula, [Str] is selected from the group consisting stretchers based on aliphatic diacids.

Can anybody help me?
Thank you!!!!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Stretchers as part of the Antibody-Drug Conjugates formulas.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 02:59:31 AM »
I would ask biochemists using the language you are translating to.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:12:11 AM »
https://mappingignorance.org/2017/11/27/antibody-drug-conjugates-fine-example-team-work/

A "linker" joins an antibody to a drug.  I am not sure that this is what you mean.

Offline rolnor

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +149/-10

Offline Ditania

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 09:04:47 AM »
https://mappingignorance.org/2017/11/27/antibody-drug-conjugates-fine-example-team-work/

A "linker" joins an antibody to a drug.  I am not sure that this is what you mean.

Yes, I understand that the linker joins an antibody to a drug. But what about the stretcher? Is the stretcher some kind of linker?

Offline Ditania

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »
Is it this you mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibody-drug_conjugate

Yes, my text talks about the Antibody-drug conjugate, but I have troubles to understand what the stretcher is.

Offline AWK

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +555/-93
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 12:26:29 PM »
If you look at patent US20090175865, there on page 36 is, in my opinion, sufficient explanation that the stretcher is a linker fragment that can consist of: the stretcher unit, a peptide fragment, and a spacer unit. The stretcher is most often a fragment of polyethylene glycol containing up to 24 units, and its role is to reduce the hydrophobicity of the antibody.
AWK

Offline Ditania

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »
If you look at patent US20090175865, there on page 36 is, in my opinion, sufficient explanation that the stretcher is a linker fragment that can consist of: the stretcher unit, a peptide fragment, and a spacer unit. The stretcher is most often a fragment of polyethylene glycol containing up to 24 units, and its role is to reduce the hydrophobicity of the antibody.

Wow! Thank you! This helped me understand it better.

Sponsored Links