March 28, 2024, 11:45:38 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Home blood typing?  (Read 5442 times)

Limpet Chicken

Home blood typing?
« on: September 12, 2004, 02:13:21 AM »
I have a question guys, is there any way it would be possible to type blood (human) in the home, also, I need to be able to test for disease (spirochaete organisms, HIV, anaemias and porphyria) in otherwords, pathogens transmissible via blood-to blood transfusion and via contact with mucous membranes, and also for deficiency disorders, white blood cell count/type, blood glucose levels, haematocrit etc.

I'm not too sure how to go about this, as it is impossible to have it done by medical authorities, as it would be for a large-ish, and ever expanding number of people that needs be screened for abnormalities.
At the moment, I don't have a microscope/stains etc, but if needed one can easily be obtained, just some background on carrying out tests like these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

angiems

Re:Home blood typing?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 01:20:24 AM »
Hi--brand new here--I don't know where you would obtain this kind of equipment, but wouldn't you need some sort of special permit to do this kind of thing?  

Garfield

Re:Home blood typing?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 04:16:13 AM »
Doing those type of test at your home would be unethical. You would need expensive equipment to do some of those test and messing with viruses and stuff like that in a enviroment that could become contaminated just isnt smart.

Sponsored Links