Specialty Chemistry Forums > Biochemistry and Chemical Biology Forum

Amino acids iamstarstuff

(1/1)

Glasyr:
Hi, some years ago I saw the iamstarstuff image and have been thinking of making something similar but with another text. I made a rough sketch, and was wondering if it´s right. The text is glasyr by using glycine, leucine, alanine, serine, tyrosine and arginine. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.

Babcock_Hall:
The basic structure of the hexapeptide GLASYR looks OK in terms of numbers of carbon atoms in the side chains, for example.  I understood some of the coloring of the atoms, but I was unable to figure out a few of the choices, such as the three nitrogen atoms of the arginine side-chain.  Possibly they were colored according to their formal charge, but I am just guessing.  Did you want to confirm that the amino acids were drawn correctly, or were there other issues?

Glasyr:
Thanks, just confirm that they were drawn correctly. The colors was just meant to show that they are different atoms. What would you say is a more logical coloring?

Babcock_Hall:
Oxygens are red; nitrogens are blue; and sulfurs are yellow.  I don't think that you have any sulfur atoms in this peptide, however.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version