General Forums > Generic Discussion

Very curious as to what this is.

(1/2) > >>

xaiiax:
I had received a picture that I used a chem sketch app to draw in this structure and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what exactly it might be.

Borek:
This question apparently makes rounds around internet since yesterday, from what I understand someone made circles in the field and people are looking for a hidden chemical meaning. Sigh.

Yes, there are molecules that could be drawn this way. None of them in any way more interesting than thousands of other molecules.

AWK:
It may be a specific projection of the carbon backbone of this hydrocarbon onto the plane. Projections often blur many important details of the chemical structure.

xaiiax:

--- Quote from: Borek on August 09, 2020, 03:35:15 AM ---This question apparently makes rounds around internet since yesterday, from what I understand someone made circles in the field and people are looking for a hidden chemical meaning. Sigh.

Yes, there are molecules that could be drawn this way. None of them in any way more interesting than thousands of other molecules.

--- End quote ---

I have no clue what you are talking about. Do you know anything about this?

xaiiax:

--- Quote from: AWK on August 09, 2020, 04:03:03 AM ---It may be a specific projection of the carbon backbone of this hydrocarbon onto the plane. Projections often blur many important details of the chemical structure.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for serious input, I will study this further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version