March 29, 2024, 11:25:20 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Amino acids iamstarstuff  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Glasyr

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Amino acids iamstarstuff
« on: July 29, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »
Hi, some years ago I saw the iamstarstuff image and have been thinking of making something similar but with another text. I made a rough sketch, and was wondering if it´s right. The text is glasyr by using glycine, leucine, alanine, serine, tyrosine and arginine. Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post.

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
Re: Amino acids iamstarstuff
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
The basic structure of the hexapeptide GLASYR looks OK in terms of numbers of carbon atoms in the side chains, for example.  I understood some of the coloring of the atoms, but I was unable to figure out a few of the choices, such as the three nitrogen atoms of the arginine side-chain.  Possibly they were colored according to their formal charge, but I am just guessing.  Did you want to confirm that the amino acids were drawn correctly, or were there other issues?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 05:45:20 PM by Babcock_Hall »

Offline Glasyr

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 07:04:37 AM »
Thanks, just confirm that they were drawn correctly. The colors was just meant to show that they are different atoms. What would you say is a more logical coloring?

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 07:08:53 AM »
Oxygens are red; nitrogens are blue; and sulfurs are yellow.  I don't think that you have any sulfur atoms in this peptide, however.

Sponsored Links