March 28, 2024, 09:35:55 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What are some good biochemistry research topics?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline agj3291

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What are some good biochemistry research topics?
« on: August 25, 2020, 01:22:33 PM »
As a senior for biochemistry majors at my school we have a senior experience class where you have turn in a research proposal by the end of the semester. At the moment I don't have any ideas as to what I would want to do a research proposal about. As stated in the title, what are some good research topics?

Online Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +319/-22
Re: What are some good biochemistry research topics?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  According to the Forum Rules (see red link above), you must give your answer before we can help you.  The number of possible research proposals is very large, and you should have no trouble generating a few ideas.  Once you do, we might be able to critique one, within the constraints of the Forum Rules.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: What are some good biochemistry research topics?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:11:55 AM »
A good place to start is to look at popular science magazines like Scientific American. These publications are approachable for the layman and are written by leaders in the field. You can also look through Chemical and Engineering news, which highlights recent research as well as policy and industry news related to chemistry. They should give you some ideas.

You may also look at peer-reviewed journals. Even if you can't access the articles you can still look through the abstracts to see what people are doing these days. ACS journals like Biochemistry often also have perspectives, editorials, reviews, or news articles.

https://pubs.acs.org/journal/bichaw
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links