March 28, 2024, 04:37:02 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Statistical analysis on Dynamic light scattering data  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Isabel456

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Statistical analysis on Dynamic light scattering data
« on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:29 AM »
Hi everyone, I'm attending my first year as phd here at UCLA in California

I am working on PEG nanoparticles and at the moment I am synthesizing nanoparticles with different sizes.

Now my supervisors asked me to perform a statistical analysis on size data obtained from DLS (dynamic light scattering).

Have you got any suggestions on how I could do it?
I was thinking about applying anova but I am not sure if it is the best way with dls data.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Statistical analysis on Dynamic light scattering data
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 02:03:53 PM »
I think you would need to provide more information on what you are doing. "statistical analysis on size data" is a little vague. What are the dependent and independent variables you are trying to analyze by DLS?

Bear in mind that DLS distributions are frequently multimodal, and even if they aren't, you have a mean size (peak maximum) and spectral breadth. DLS is also more sensitive to bigger particles, so you may need to take that into account as well. In either case the first step is to identify what parameter you are trying to extract.

What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links