April 19, 2024, 08:39:07 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Copper Electropurification  (Read 4168 times)

Offline amarnath

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Copper Electropurification
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
Hi all,

I know in copper mining industries copper which is at 99% pure ( Blister copper ) which is electropurified to 99.99% by simple electrochemical cell consist of copper sulfate as electrolyte bath along some sulfuric acid in it.
My question is it possible to do this same process say for eg to electropurify a alloy of copper + other metals in which copper will be 50 to 90 % of composition to get pure copper from copper alloy by electropurification possible . Pls advice

If possible can pls elaborate optimium current density for such process to be economical at large scale (Also helpful if advice any commerical avaliable electrolytic cells for large scale operations ) i need to electropurify a copper alloy with 50 to 90% copper to get pure copper 99.99% . pls help me with as much as details possible. Good lucks to all

Offline enahs

• 16-92-15-68 32-7-53-92-16
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +206/-44
Re: Copper Electropurification
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 04:34:18 PM »
Yes it is. It is not a two sentence explanation. I am also not going to just copy the stuff from a book (because A it is illegal and B I have no desire).

Just get any Industrial Chemistry book, it will explain it in great detail, more then you probably want to know.

The one I have is 16 years old and it talks about it, so just check your local libraries for any Industrial Chemistry book, since it is not a short quick answer.

Offline amarnath

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Copper Electropurification
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 12:22:53 AM »
Dear enahs,

Thanks for a quick reply but i dont have any big resource to access to get a Industrial chemistry book and my local libraries hold more books related to stories and novel and not much helpful sci and tech books  >:( . So its much helpful to me if some one elaborate here . Btw do u recommend any specfic authors books for industrial chem subject that you feel better which will explain what i need more specifically . Apologies for my bad english . Good lucks to all

Sponsored Links