April 18, 2024, 02:28:42 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Your school experience...  (Read 7639 times)

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
Your school experience...
« on: September 28, 2006, 12:23:37 AM »
being that i am a senior and currently applying to a few schools... i want to know the experience of some of the people in this forum from their application process and how interesting they were to schools (i.e. grades and scores){if you want to supply that information}, all the way to your experience in the school you attended...

I think this may help other people in this forum that may be going in the application process and may in the future go through the application process.

thanks for your information.
currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
Re: Your school experience...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 06:54:10 AM »
this is a vague question.

what schools are you applying?

I applied for UK institutions, so my experience may not be applicable if you are interested in American institutions.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:01:13 AM by geodome »
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline buckminsterfullerene

• Mole Snacks: +8/-6
  • 3.14159265358 9793238462643 3832795028841 97169399
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 07:19:07 PM »
that is the reason... i am not posting a specific school because i want this thread to perhaps serve a greater population.  and if there are multiple responses perhaps a general trend can be observed between the people...

currently a student attending high school in South Florida, capital of all the hurricanes that come through the US, and the sunshine state.  My interests falls into electrochemistry going to renewable resources of energy, i like hydrogen fuel cells and solar energy

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »
i want to know the experience of some of the people in this forum from their application process and  .

The UCAS Application Form was a pain to fill in, especially the part about personal statement. I had to write about why I am interested in my choice of degree program at a particular school.

I had writer's block.
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline Equi

• chef de cuisine
  • Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +20/-11
  • Und nach mir die Sintflut
    • miketionary
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 06:39:43 PM »
I had writer's block.
Guess how I feel about writing my Statement of Purpose for grad-school. As if the GRE isn't enough to piss off a lot of graduates, grrrr!
I'm not suffering from a mental disease - I'm enjoying it.
miketionary

Sponsored Links