April 19, 2024, 05:01:39 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Deoxidation  (Read 2684 times)

Offline dmtr19

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Deoxidation
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:18:15 AM »
How important to take into account deoxidation processes in probes of organic molecules in alcohols, ACN and ethyl acetate before spectroscopic measurements?

In general, how deoxidation of such probes impacts on their spectroscopic properties?

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
Re: Deoxidation
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:53:31 AM »
It is a Forum Rule (see red link above) that you must provide your attempt at answering a question before we can help you.  One clarification: You do mean deoxidation as opposed to oxidation, correct?

Offline dmtr19

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:06:57 AM »
It is a Forum Rule (see red link above) that you must provide your attempt at answering a question before we can help you.  One clarification: You do mean deoxidation as opposed to oxidation, correct?

Yes, I've asked how it is important to provide deoxidation before UV-Vis spectroscopic measurements.
As I know it is important issue when triplet states are studied but what about  in the case of singlet states?

Offline Babcock_Hall

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +321/-22
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
It sounds as if you are talking about removal of O2, which I would term deoxygenation.  I do not know the answer to your question in regards to UV/Vis spectroscopy.  I know that it can be important in for certain kinds of experiments in NMR spectroscopy.

Sponsored Links