March 29, 2024, 09:32:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Database for raw FTIR spectra  (Read 1492 times)

Offline _fluffychicken

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Database for raw FTIR spectra
« on: December 04, 2020, 12:45:58 AM »
Is there a database for raw FTIR spectra? I am specifically looking for the raw data of K10 montmorillonite. I have a spectrum but it is in pdf form already. Now I’m having a problem since I want to compare spectra of all my complexes in one figure. I have the raw data for all my complexes except the pure montmorillonite. Thanks in advance.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Database for raw FTIR spectra
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 09:21:44 AM »
Unlikely to find raw data. Did you generate the spectrum that you have? Can't you just get the data off the instrument?
Every montmorillonite is going to be slightly different because it's a natural mineral. So even if you find raw data there's no guarantee that it will be exactly like yours, and it would be misleading to represent it as such.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
Long shot but look on SDBS

Offline _fluffychicken

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 01:54:14 AM »
Unlikely to find raw data. Did you generate the spectrum that you have? Can't you just get the data off the instrument?
Every montmorillonite is going to be slightly different because it's a natural mineral. So even if you find raw data there's no guarantee that it will be exactly like yours, and it would be misleading to represent it as such.

We don't have our own FT-IR equipment, I went to another institution to have it analyzed but unfortunately, I did not get the csv file. I have it in pdf format but I was planning to make a figure with all plots to compare them. I am just missing the data for montmorillonite but I have the raw data for the others that I need. I guess I will just present it in a different way.

Offline _fluffychicken

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 01:55:14 AM »
Long shot but look on SDBS

Thank you for this, unfortunately, there is no data for montmorillonite.

Sponsored Links