March 29, 2024, 09:57:32 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Can anyone tell me where I can find an accurate and detailed KW table for water.  (Read 833 times)

Offline born2dive00

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
So I am looking for a table of the water dissociation constant that is detailed with a .5'F separation, with a pH range of 1 to 14, with a .01 ph resolution or better

The closest thing I can find is tables with a 5 degree C separation, and a .1 does such a table exist?

If not can someone lead me down the right path for finding the formula, I believe that uses temperature, pressure to calculate the values...

Please let me know and thank you.

Offline sjb

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-42
The closest thing I can find is tables with a 5 degree C separation, and a .1 does such a table exist?

If you plot what you have, is it well defined?

Offline born2dive00

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
The charting is not an issue, im trying to develop a pH calculator with an accuracy of +/- .5mg per liter. With a pH accuracy of .001

The problem is the water dissassociation constant is reaking havoc due to both the temp and pressure when substance is very dilute. A change of 5 degrees C is equating to between .03 and .12 variance on the calculation depending on the solution temp and atmospheric pressure, hence I need a much more refined table, or need to know how to get the Kw dissassociation from the temp and pressure.

Any ideas?

If you plot what you have, is it well defined?

Sponsored Links