April 17, 2024, 08:16:54 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Are some tables of differentials and integrals preferable to others?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline EPalomo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi! I'm a P Chem II student and we're beginning our work with Schrödinger's Equation in one dimension. The tables of integrals and differentials I have on hand and the ones I've found online (https://infotables.com/mathematical-tables/99-derivatives-and-integrals-mathematical-table.html and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_integrals_in_quantum_field_theory) are either missing some information or dense with extra information which isn't all relevant to the time-independent version of Schrödinger's Equation. Are there more focused/user friendly tables available or is my best bet to put one together myself?

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Are some tables of differentials and integrals preferable to others?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 03:56:40 AM »
Hard to tell what kind of info you are missing, but if my guess is right, I am afraid you need to be ready to deal with type of information given.

In my experience those on mathematical side of problems (and it is not only related to QM, I saw exactly the same approach in numerical methods) don't care about practical details, they are happy knowing something is doable. Tables contain info on properties that are important for general scheme, but not for nitty-gritty.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Online Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +529/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:23 AM »
Your textbook should have integral tables that contain a more focused reference for the specific problems you will encounter.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline EPalomo

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 05:49:22 PM »
I'll go ahead and start putting my own table together, it was a longshot anyways lol I had a bit of a running list going just in case so between that, the book itself and what I've already found it shouldn't be too much of a headache. Thanks for the feedback!

Sponsored Links