March 28, 2024, 09:20:40 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What activates Baking Soda other than water?  (Read 1603 times)

Offline briandesigns

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
What activates Baking Soda other than water?
« on: March 28, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »
Hi!
I have sweaty feet and there's an abundance of brevibacteria that lives on them year round. As a result they produce acetic acid which leads to my feet smelling like vinegar all the time. I have recently found success by adding baking soda into my socks. When I sweat, the baking soda becomes activated in the water content of the sweat and then neutralizes the acetic acid thus getting rid of the smell.

Currently I'm trying to create a ointment form of my baking soda treatment but I have very limited knowledge in chemistry. Is there a commercially available thick liquid substance that activates baking soda's basic properties once mixed? I'm thinking something like petroleum jelly but any search online results in some alternative medicine website that only talks about the benefits and none of the science behind it so I cannot confirm if it can actually work.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: What activates Baking Soda other than water?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 02:57:05 AM »
Please read the forum rules - we don't help in self medication nor preparation of cosmetics.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline briandesigns

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: What activates Baking Soda other than water?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 10:22:56 PM »
Hi sorry about that. Did I say this was for me? I'm sorry this is actually for the pigs in my farm... you see they have sweaty feet... and it totally ruins the smell of my barn...

Sponsored Links