Its very lipophilic so DCM, toluene, EtOAc should be fine. Have you tried to heat the ethanol?
Thanks for the reply rolnor! You always have fantastic advice!
I forgot to mention, that the solvent needs to be relatively skin-safe.
Because we'll be applying the solution to the scalp.
Hence, I can't really use any of these.
Also, heating the ethanol isn't really practical, as the beta-sitosterol will revert back to its insoluble state once the ethanol is at room temperature again.
That's why I'm looking for a skin-safe solvent that can dissolve beta sitosterol at room temperature.
I know, it's extremely difficult.
Could it be that somehow my ethanol isn't 99.8% but more 95-96%. I do have a certificate of analysis for that but I'm starting to doubt everything.
If the ethanol is 95-96% will these remaining ~4% of water interfere with the dissolving of beta-sitosterol?