April 26, 2024, 10:46:08 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ideal Gas Laws *delete me*  (Read 637 times)

Offline jfbebfefbr

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Ideal Gas Laws *delete me*
« on: March 23, 2021, 08:10:43 PM »
A balloon filled with helium gas has a volume of 383 mL at a pressure of 1 atm. The balloon is released and reaches an altitude of 6.5 km, where the pressure is 0.5 atm. Assuming that the temperature has remained the same, what volume does the gas occupy at this height? Answer in units of mL.

A gas has a pressure of 1.18 atm and occupies a volume of 7.2 L. If the gas is compressed to a volume of 2.9 L, what will its pressure be, assuming constant temperature? Answer in units of atm.

At standard temperature, a gas has a volume of 276 mL. The temperature is then increased to 118◦C, and the pressure is held constant. What is the new volume? Answer in units of mL.

A helium-filled balloon has a volume of 2.75 L at 25◦C. The volume of the balloon decreases to 2.31 L after it is placed outside on a cold day. What is the outside temperature in K? Answer in units of K.

At 103◦C, the pressure of a sample of nitrogen is 1.89 atm. What will the pressure be at 275◦C, assuming constant volume? Answer in units of atm.

An empty aerosol-spray can at room temperature (20 ◦C) is thrown into an incinerator where the temperature reaches 572◦C. If the gas inside the empty container was initially at a pressure of 1 atm, what pressure did it reach inside the incinerator? Assume the gas was at constant volume and the can did not explode. Answer in units of atm.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Online billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Ideal Gas Laws *delete me*
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 12:28:53 AM »
You have to show your attempts or thoughts at solving the question to receive help.
This is a forum policy.
Click on the link near the top center of the forum page.
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting.
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=65859.0

Sponsored Links