March 28, 2024, 05:38:54 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Assingment questions  (Read 1487 times)

Offline speayes

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Assingment questions
« on: March 25, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
Hello, I have been dealing with a couple of questions for a chemistry class. I am unsure if inorganic chemistry is the right section to post it, I hope it is. If someone could help explain to me the some of the questions answers, I will really appreciate it.

We discussed regional O3 production in class. What is meant by the loss rate of NOx?  What factors control it? How is it linked to O3 production? Explain how O3 production and destruction involve non-methane hydrocarbons.

Offline chenbeier

• Mole Snacks: +102/-22
Re: Assingment questions
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 02:29:16 AM »
Nitrogen oxides NOx x =1, 2 are killers for ozone, because they are radical builders. The rate will go down to build ozon. Factors probably light, temperature, wheather conditions like thunderstorm and lightnings. Exhaust made by human, like car, furnace at home, etc.

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Assingment questions
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 09:45:28 AM »
Please note the forum rules require you to show your work or thinking before you can receive help.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links