March 28, 2024, 11:55:09 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Decent books about analitical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry  (Read 1051 times)

Offline RedTomas

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello, my simple request is for a textbook or book recomendations about analitical chemistry, specifically in biotechnology pharma.

I started working in biotech company and realised that I'm in need to brush up on alot of things. My work doesn't really suffer from my lack of knowledge, yet I feel inadequate following SOP's like recipes. When problems arise I can't help but feel like a lost child. Some of those problems stem from the management of the company, yet at the same time I think it's just a lie I and others working there tell us. So in order to counter that some guidance by standing on shoulders of giants would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: Decent books about analitical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 07:18:54 PM »
Well, that kind of literature is not very exciting.  But how about the current USP or appropriate ISO ?  The company should have a copy there or at least computer access.  If they dont, that says something else about the company.

Offline shchavel

• Mole Snacks: +2/-2
Re: Decent books about analitical chemistry in pharmaceutical industry
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 02:01:03 AM »
Hello, RedThomas!
Start with:
1)  Christian's Analytical Chemistry for science background.
2) Some pharmacopiea (Eur.Ph., USP, JP whatever your company use) for more practical background.
3) Some gudelines or another GMP-based documents (depends of your country - all of them free and can be find in google) for regulatory background.

Good luck! It's really intresting to find mistakes in SOP's)

Sponsored Links