March 29, 2024, 06:22:50 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Methyl cellulose production plant  (Read 2265 times)

Offline LeoneIlCaneFifone

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Methyl cellulose production plant
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:15:37 AM »
Hi, not sure if it's the right place to post it. It's my first time on a forum. also sorry for my english, this is not my first language.

I'm currently conducting a research on the food addictive "E461" (Methyl cellulose). I'd want to add to my paperwork a drawn scheme of the chemical plant of its production.
I've been searching a lot on the web, also on google scholar, but i was only able to find a written description of the process' stages.

i know that in order to produce methyl cellulose you have to start from cellulose, add to it NaOH, than CH₃Cl, and than cut, dry, homogenize exc. your product.

But I was wondering: does someone of you know where I can find a precise scheme of a chemical plant that could be (or currently is) used in a real life application?

I've also tried sending a mail to a couple industries which are involved in the production of this molecule, but i haven't received any answer yet, and I'm not sure I will.

thank you in advance for your answers, i'm so grateful to be able to reach other people who share my same passion for chemistry!

Sponsored Links