Chemistry Forums for Students > Undergraduate General Chemistry Forum

number of moles in br2 solution

<< < (3/3)

Borek:
Then explain how to use your advice to solve the problem at hand, when the density of dichlorometane is the only data point.

billnotgatez:
@yitzik
Based on the 2 entries you have made it appears we do not have the question as asked  to you in a complete form
Can you post it as given to you

--- Quote from: yitzik on July 22, 2021, 02:50:37 PM ---hello!
how can i calculate the number of moles of br2 in a solution of 10% (by mass) of br2 in  dichloromethane?
there is no available data about the density of such a solution, so how can i deduce it's molarity?
what is the right way to solve it?

thanks!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: yitzik on July 23, 2021, 06:38:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: yitzik on July 22, 2021, 02:50:37 PM ---how can i calculate the number of moles of br2 in a solution of 10% (by weight) of br2 in  dichloromethane?

--- End quote ---
i'm asked to find the number of moles in 30 ml of such a solution, so there must be a way to do this..
maybe there is a way to calculate the average density of the two substances? or weighted mean of the densities or something like that?

if you could please help me
thanks!

--- End quote ---

Orcio_87:
@Borek

I would use google to find density of any dilute Br2 - CH2Cl2 solution, and then calculate approximate density of 10 % Br2 solution.

I don't believe that there are no data at all.

yitzik:

--- Quote ---how can i calculate the number of moles of br2 in a solution of 10% (by mass) of br2 in  dichloromethane?
--- End quote ---
thanks for the replies, this is a pre lab question... i need to calculate the number of moles but any additional data is not geiven and i'm asked to search in the net.
sigma aldrich does't sell such a solution.... couldn't find any other data about the density...

thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version