April 16, 2024, 10:45:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Chemistry Extended Essay - Is this a good research question?  (Read 1008 times)

Offline halfrobot

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Chemistry Extended Essay - Is this a good research question?
« on: August 02, 2021, 04:45:18 AM »
Hello there!

As part of school, I need to write 4,000 word essay on a subject of interest. I am interested in doing my essay in chemistry and I came up with 4 research questions.

1. What is the relationship between the rate of mutarotation of glucose and the pH/concentration of hydrogen ions?

2. How does the temperature change affect the equilibrium constant between the two forms of chiral molecules (glucose and sucrose) as measured by a polarimeter?

3. How does the temperature change affect the rate of change in concentration of glucose as measured by a polarimeter?

4. How does an acidic catalyst affect the rate of change in concentration of glucose as measured by a polarimeter?

I am leaning forward into doing question 1 or 2. Chemists, do you think this is a good research question?

I am confused on how I will found the rate of mutarotation using a polarimeter for the first question. Is it even possible to calculate the rate of mutarotation?

Any help would be amazing. Thank you in advance :)

Sponsored Links