March 28, 2024, 02:16:07 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: I'm looking for Pegylated Interferon Lambda (expert chemist? supplier?)  (Read 4978 times)

Offline edgardoodle

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hello, I am looking for someone who is able to customize/produce injection-grade Peginterferon lambda-1a (CAS#914617-98-4).

Since I can't seem to find a supplier for Pegylated IFN Lambda, I was hoping that maybe I could find an expert chemist or someone that might be able to recommend a lab or group to help me?

I am desperate to obtain this through any means necessary. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. :)

Offline jeffmoonchop

• Mole Snacks: +37/-5
Re: I'm looking for Pegylated Interferon Lambda (expert chemist? supplier?)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 10:36:07 PM »
If you want to produce it in vivo, you could try delivering the mRNA encoding the cytokine with lipid nanoparticles. Might be easier than synthesizing it ex vivo.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +485/-21
  • Physical Biochemist
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 01:55:05 PM »
If you want to produce it in vivo, you could try delivering the mRNA encoding the cytokine with lipid nanoparticles. Might be easier than synthesizing it ex vivo.

AFAIK, PEGylation is not a natural modification and cannot be installed in vivo.

Offline jeffmoonchop

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »
What is the purpose of the PEGylation? Stabilization for delivery? Maybe it isn't needed when expressed in the cell.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2021, 07:47:21 AM »
Have you reached out to Eiger BioPharmaceuticals? Seems like they are studying it as a drug.

Offline edgardoodle

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2021, 06:32:04 PM »
Have you reached out to Eiger BioPharmaceuticals? Seems like they are studying it as a drug.
Thank you for the response. Yes, Eiger has a very tight lid on the drug, for financial reasons I prob shouldn't get into here.

Because of that, they aren't even responding to physicians asking about Expanded Access (Off-label/Experimental) use.

So, there's unfortunately no way to get it from Eiger, which is why I am here attempting to find alternative solutions.

Offline edgardoodle

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2021, 06:37:13 PM »
What is the purpose of the PEGylation? Stabilization for delivery? Maybe it isn't needed when expressed in the cell.
That's actually a good question.

While I do know the in's and out's of Interferons, especially Type III IFN Lambda, I don't know much about PEGylation.

I have sort of just assumed that there's a reason why all the human trials have used Pegylated Interferon Lambda, instead of just recombinant human IL-29/IFN-lambda 1 protein.

I assumed it was needed for bioavailability and safety?

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 10:56:52 AM »
Hey, I would suggest you post this also on reddit in /r/chempros. Bigger pool of professionals to weigh in, maybe youll even get a hit on someone who can make it.

Offline jeffmoonchop

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 12:28:48 PM »

While I do know the in's and out's of Interferons, especially Type III IFN Lambda, I don't know much about PEGylation.

I have sort of just assumed that there's a reason why all the human trials have used Pegylated Interferon Lambda, instead of just recombinant human IL-29/IFN-lambda 1 protein.

We use PEG with lipid nanoparticles for stability and delivery in vivo. When the drug is delivered the PEG isn't needed anymore. You can buy ready made lipid mixtures if you wanted to try and deliver mRNA to express your protein. You might get better potency. Compare COVID vaccines where they try to deliver the spike protein vs mRNA expressing the protein.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
Doesn't the peglylation here imply that its covalently bound?

Offline edgardoodle

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
Hey, I would suggest you post this also on reddit in /r/chempros. Bigger pool of professionals to weigh in, maybe youll even get a hit on someone who can make it.
Awesome suggestion! I will definitely do this thank you!!!!

Offline edgardoodle

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2021, 07:02:54 PM »

We use PEG with lipid nanoparticles for stability and delivery in vivo. When the drug is delivered the PEG isn't needed anymore. You can buy ready made lipid mixtures if you wanted to try and deliver mRNA to express your protein. You might get better potency. Compare COVID vaccines where they try to deliver the spike protein vs mRNA expressing the protein.
So, I think the Pegylated Interferon Lambda (Peginterferon lambda-1a CAS#914617-98-4), which is a version of the naturally occurring protein found in humans... the Type III interferon lambda, is perhaps for a "long-lasting" antiviral effect.

Could be other reasons for the PEG as well. I wish I had the chemistry base knowledge needed to work it out.

Offline edgardoodle

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2021, 07:04:47 PM »
Doesn't the peglylation here imply that its covalently bound?
:-\ I really wish I was able to provide more information

Sponsored Links