Chemistry Forums for Students > Analytical Chemistry Forum

fortified blank - what is it?

(1/1)

xshadow:
I don't understand what  is  a fortified blank  ??? ??? ???

A now that a blank is someting wituout the analyte...

shchavel:
Hello, xdhadow!

--- Quote ---A now that a blank is someting wituout the analyte...
--- End quote ---

You are right.

But we need a context to understand "fortified". I think there is some method of preparation this blank in your article, and word "fortified" just note special aspects of that blank.

xshadow:

--- Quote from: shchavel on August 29, 2021, 02:04:41 AM ---Hello, xdhadow!

--- Quote ---A now that a blank is someting wituout the analyte...
--- End quote ---

You are right.

But we need a context to understand "fortified". I think there is some method of preparation this blank in your article, and word "fortified" just note special aspects of that blank....because when I read "blank" I think at something without the analyte but in this context doesn't have sense...i think

--- End quote ---

Hi !!!

When it speaks about method validation , expecially for the accuracy of that method...it says :
"" a possible way to to measure the accuracy consists in using  the results of a series of samples ( fortified blank) at differenct concentrations and then compare those with the expected values (calibration curve) ""

Don't know why it says fortified blank....never seen that term before in my studies....are these "fortified  blanks" simply the standard solutions with note concentrations ?

Borek:

--- Quote from: xshadow on August 29, 2021, 03:04:22 PM ---When it speaks
--- End quote ---

"it" suggests you refer to some source and that English is not your first language. Is the text you refer to in English? Does it use exactly term "fortified blank" or is it your translation?

Can you tell us what is "it" (the source of the phrase)?

xshadow:

--- Quote from: Borek on August 29, 2021, 06:31:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: xshadow on August 29, 2021, 03:04:22 PM ---When it speaks
--- End quote ---

"it" suggests you refer to some source and that English is not your first language. Is the text you refer to in English? Does it use exactly term "fortified blank" or is it your translation?

Can you tell us what is "it" (the source of the phrase)?

--- End quote ---
Yes...
The source are the slides...of my course.

Perhaps a better english tradution could be  "blank spike"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version