March 28, 2024, 10:52:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide) vs Sodium Metasilcate?  (Read 1678 times)

Reecey

Caustic Soda (Sodium Hydroxide) vs Sodium Metasilcate?
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:31:19 AM »
Hello,

I have been trying for a long time now to find out what product i need so that my formula doesnt affect the user.

I make chemical cleaning detergents and its widely known that caustic soda is one of the main alcaline ingredients for cutting dirt and grime. There really isnt anything much better than it (from what i know). But, when applying my degreaser via a spray bottle in badly ventilated areas, the caustic fumes make you cough. Its really not nice! This is an industrial product by the way its not for domestic use.

I know that sodium metasilicate is an alternative but im just not convinced that its anywhere near as effective as caustic is to be able to remove industrial grease and dirt.

There are other desgreasers on the market that are just as good as my caustic degreasers but they dont make you cough at all! They do however contain a strong fragrance but im not sure that a fragrance could disimulate the fumes of caustic. What throws me off is the fact they are just as good cleaners as my one and that they dont make you cough but on the label it mentions that they contain sodium hydroxide.  ???

Someone please give me some advice as it would be very much apprechiated.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links