April 17, 2024, 08:13:38 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Effect of T on Concentration of phenylacetic acid within diclofenac sodium  (Read 800 times)

Offline brightideas009

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
any chemistry experts– if i wanted to do an experiment (for my ib chem ia) would "finding the effect of temperature on the concentration of phenyl acetic acid within diclofenac sodium" be a viable project? i wanted to do temperature's effect on the concentration of salicylic acid within acetylsalicylic acid but i saw it online and figured it was already pretty common.
my main issue is that im not sure how i would execute the degradation process and separate the diclofenac from its sodium salt form– which i am assuming i have to do.

i'm also planning on using spectrophotometry and beer's lambert law (if that helps at all).

Offline brightideas009

Help: Determining T's effect on concentration of phenyl/acetic acid within DFC
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 01:30:46 AM »
If I wanted to go through with determining the effect of temperature on phenylacetic acid or acetic acid concentration within diclofenac sodium, how would I measure that? and which one would make more sense?
Basically, how would I break up the compound so that I'm only measuring the phenyl/acetic acid within it?
if this is too difficult, would ibuprofen be an easier compound? I wanted to do something close to aspirin since it seems to be a simpler compound but I want to avoid it as much as possible.

(P.S: I know I already asked something similar to this on the forum yesterday, but I don't know how/if I can delete it. If someone could help me on that too that would be greatly appreciated!)

Offline brightideas009

Re: Effect of T on Concentration of phenylacetic acid within diclofenac sodium
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:23:27 PM »
i got the answers i was looking for. still don't know how to delete posts though.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
Re: Effect of T on Concentration of phenylacetic acid within diclofenac sodium
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 09:43:37 PM »
If you want to post your answer it may be of interest to others

By the way, upon reading the forum rules you will find out we do not delete posts here.

click on the link at the top of most every page in this forum
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Sponsored Links