Hello! No real science background here. Just a common folk!
My daughters day camp was using a spritz bottle filled with 99% isopropyl alcohol to spray on the children’s hands to “disinfect.” My kid is 3 years old.
I read that isopropyl alcohol is highly absorbed through the skin and makes its way into the blood stream.
This freaked me out, as we are talking about a 3 year old here. The last thing I want to think about is potential toxic or other health effects.
Is this true? Or because of the fact that it is nearly 100% it is not absorbed but instead evaporates before it has a chance to make its way into the body?
Also, how likely is inhalation if spritzed once or twice on the hands at arms length?
Why can’t people just wash their hands with soap and water?