March 28, 2024, 09:28:15 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What Mn precursor would you recomend for doping TiO2 via my curent process?  (Read 2954 times)

Offline JayBase

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Greetings, this is my first post.

My current TiO2 anatase nanopowder process via hydrothermal method from 98% magnetically separated rutile sand through digestion via H3PO4 gaining an iron impurity free Ti(HPO4)2.H2O.

The Ti(HPO4)2.H2O is washed with water to remove residual H3PO4 and other impurities and separated after settling. Then the Ti(HPO4)2.H2O is whased multiple times with NH3 to remove the solid phosphate from the TOP to produce water soluble NH3 phosphate salts and simultaneously the NH3 reaction with the TOP produces a fine white TiH4O4 colloidal precipitate maintaining a Ph of 5.

The pure and then clean TiH4O4 is calcined at 600℃ for 5 hours to produce photocatalytic TiO2 anatase with an average particle size of 11 to 16nm.

I would like to introduce Mn @ 0.2wt% as a dopant for visible and near IR photocatalytic performance.
Are there any recommendations as to precursor and how would you introduce it into my process keeping it simple and inexpensive?

Offline biofm

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Not sure what your specific requirements are on the Manganese precursor but Manganese (II) formate dihydrate gives great water solubility and clean decomposition around 300C.

Sponsored Links