October 17, 2021, 09:17:31 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting


Topic: Not sure if im posting this in correct place, sorry, need advice,  (Read 111 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hurtshelp

  • Very New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Had a bug problem the other day sprinkled way too much BORIC ACID to get rid of the bug.

Ironic thing is never saw another insect .   Instead i think the Boric Acid is affecting me, feeling sick, was just way to much that I spread around, and it went down in the cracks and in the baseboards.

QUESTION,  WHAT COULD I USE TO NEUTRALIZE THE BORIC ACID TO RENDER ITS AFFECTS TO NOTHING? BAKING SODA, COULD ANYTHING WORK TO NETRALIZE THIS , ? OR WOULD ITS CHEMICAL STRUCTURE STAY INTACT EVEN IF I POURED SOMETHING OVER IT ?

Offline Borek

  • Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26791
  • Mole Snacks: +1737/-403
  • Gender: Male
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Not sure if im posting this in correct place, sorry, need advice,
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
Even if you manage to neutralize the acid you will just make a salt that will mostly stay in the same place, unless you flush it with a copious amounts of water (rather difficult in most places at home).

Vacuuming is probably the best you can do.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info, pH-meter.info

Sponsored Links