December 05, 2021, 09:31:59 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Grafting question  (Read 216 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline simanbent

  • Very New Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Grafting question
« on: November 18, 2021, 03:28:32 AM »
Hi. I'm doing a thesis on Schiff bases and their antimicrobial properties. I was asked to graft the Schiff base into clay, and I have no idea where to start from there or what this opertaion is called. Any kind of help will be immensly appreciated.

Offline Corribus

  • Chemist
  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3224
  • Mole Snacks: +488/-22
  • Gender: Male
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: Grafting question
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »
I think if you search using terms like "chemical modification of clay", you will find a lot of hits. You may also try some specific types of common clays used for these applications like kaolin, montmorillonite, etc.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links