April 20, 2024, 09:06:24 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: What is the effect of cooking temperature on the iodine content of food?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Hiroshoa

• Mole Snacks: +0/-0
For my lab report I am investigating the effect of temperature on the iodine content in seaweed; however I can't seem to find any articles, resources or explanations of the effect, and therefore I am unable to formulate my hypothesis, so I would highly appreciate if anyone can help me, and thank you

Offline Aldebaran

• Mole Snacks: +5/-1
I Googled your topic and found several references to be followed up. Doing the same yourself might get you started.

Offline Hiroshoa

Could you please share any of the resources you found with me; because I Googled my topic several times and wasn't able to find anything

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
What search words did you use?
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Hiroshoa

I tried typing the following:
"the effect of temperature on seaweed"
"the effect of temperature on iodine content in seaweed"
"the effect of temperature on iodine content"
"how does temperature affect iodine"
yet, I was unable to find any suitable results; so I would highly appreciate any help

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
I searched "seaweed cooking iodine" and immediately see several hits that are relevant to your problem. For instance, this one.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links