April 20, 2024, 05:43:13 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: How does inorganic chemistry compare to other?  (Read 1496 times)

Offline kiba89

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
How does inorganic chemistry compare to other?
« on: April 03, 2022, 07:50:03 AM »
I'm currently taking organic chemistry, and ... I've definitely done better in other classes before. I'm doing alright, but due to the fast paced nature of a summer course, I feel like all these different types of reactions are being thrown at my face.

I'm also somewhat unsettled, because this is about the 8th major I've had, and not only do I need to stick with it if I want to graduate in a reasonable time frame, but I really want to do well. Or, at the very least, I want to learn a lot and enjoy it.

I'm super excited for pchem. I took calculus based physics I and II, and I was that jackass who ruined the curve for the 200 person lecture by consistently getting the highest score. I've taken a ridiculous number of calculus classes and done exceptionally well in them.

So... which course does inorganic more closely resemble? I'm now somewhat terrified because I thought I loved chemistry, but I'm actually really bad at organic. .. just praying that I still have hope!

Offline marquis

• Mole Snacks: +35/-3
Re: How does inorganic chemistry compare to other?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 08:11:15 PM »
Don't know what school you are attending.  But at many state schools, organic chemistry is a " weed out" course.  If there are a bunch of other majors in the class, besides chemistry, this might be the case.  Just do your best to hang in. 

Sponsored Links