Chemistry Forums for Students > Undergraduate General Chemistry Forum

Type of Study


I've read about a study type where they know that a certain type of compound has useful medical functions for example and they synthesize many different versions of the compound with small changes and just analyze as many of them as possible to find a relation between function and structure.

Does anyone know how this type of study is called ? Can't find it anymore and can't remember the name :(

I have heard it referred by the name that you used, a structure-function study.  The structure might be varied for stronger binding or to fine-tune the reactivity of a covalent inhibitor.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version