March 28, 2024, 09:51:05 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: how to quench ethyl acrylate vapours ?  (Read 6701 times)

Offline karl26

• Mole Snacks: +0/-1
how to quench ethyl acrylate vapours ?
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »
Hi everybody,

I would be interested in knowing how to quench ( very efficiently) ethyl acrylate vapours ? In other words, I am looking for a reagent which is reacting very fast with ethyl acrylate

thanks in advance

;)

Offline azmanam

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +160/-24
  • Mediocrity is a handrail -Charles Louis d'Secondat
Re: how to quench ethyl acrylate vapours ?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:45:44 AM »
Are you trying to quench it while it is in the vapor phase (i.e. gas phase chemistry?)  and what do you mean by quench?    Do you want to make it unreactive to the reaction conditions (while still allowing the rest of the reaction to continue)?  More info, please.

What are your experimental procedures (other reactants, solvents, reaction conditions?)

in general, though, what functionalities are present in ethyl acrylate?  What reaction conditions do you know that will react with those functional groups?
Knowing why you got a question wrong is better than knowing that you got a question right.

Offline allankam

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: how to quench ethyl acrylate vapours ?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 05:29:12 AM »
I guess the purpose of this question is to eliminate the bad smell from the vent of react vessel. Normally, there should install a vessel full of activated charcoal at the end of the vent oulet thus to absorbe the bad smell.

Sponsored Links