March 28, 2024, 03:28:33 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: ION CHROMATOGRAPHY DX-120 IC/ Peaknet software start-up problem  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Mikky

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi everyone,

I am trying to work with an old DX-120 Ion Chromatography at my new establishment. I was told it worked fine before it was stored away. It works with a DX-LAN and runs on a peaknet software.

My major challenge is that upon loading the peaknet software to run the system, the configuration editor comes up with an error message "please check that the modules are properly connected and turned on before proceeding". When I click OK, it comes up with another message "there is a problem loading the Dionex driver. Please make sure that a protocol driver is attached to your Dionex card through the control panel". At this point a page appears showing the DX-120 status as offline

My understanding from the above is that there is a communication failure between the modules and the software (I could be wrong). Its an old system and an old PC (Wins 98). Installations is via floppy disc drives.

I would appreciate possible solutions and suggestions from the wealth of experience of members of this forum.

look forward to your contributions.

Thank you all

Best wishes

Online Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: ION CHROMATOGRAPHY DX-120 IC/ Peaknet software start-up problem
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 03:32:04 PM »
Yes, sounds like a communication failure, but it can be failure on any level - cable, hardware, drivers.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links