April 19, 2024, 03:07:52 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Hess's calcuations  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Raaaaa

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hess's calcuations
« on: July 01, 2022, 06:36:49 PM »

I can't even pretend I have the faintest idea how to do this. Any help? See image below

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 06:59:45 PM by Raaaaa »

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1800/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Hess's calcuations
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 03:07:26 AM »
What does Hess' law say?

Note: please read the forum rules. You have to show your attempts at answering the question/solving the problem to receive help, it is a forum policy. Stating "I have no idea" doesn't count as an attempt, you can always google for the law involved and for example problems.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Aldebaran

• Mole Snacks: +4/-1
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 04:45:16 AM »
Hess's law is pretty straightforward but if you really have no idea where to start I suggest any high school text book or the following linked website as a good place to start. By the way, the website is a great resource for many other high school chemistry topics. It is well researched and written in a teach yourself style. Study the page and you should have no trouble solving the problem you posted but do come back if you get stuck having given it a go by yourself. https://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/energetics/sums.html

Offline Orcio_87

• Mole Snacks: +39/-3
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 03:20:55 PM »
@Raaaaa - You have to add the reactions all together to calculate enthalpy of the one you want.

Sponsored Links