March 29, 2024, 11:42:24 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: writing a book and plagiarism  (Read 2465 times)

Offline mana

• Mole Snacks: +3/-3
writing a book and plagiarism
« on: August 01, 2022, 03:37:09 AM »
hi all
I want to write a book. I have found a book which in some topics is very complete and well discused, so I intend to use this book as refrence but I don't know how much I am allowded to use this book to prevent plagiarism, I would be grateful if someone explain me the limits of using the other references, and also in my country some books are published as translated and collected is it plagiarism too or not in your country? in these books the writer mention the name of the most used refrences on the cover of the book of course the number of them is not more than 10 ;).
 thanks for your help in advance
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 06:31:47 AM by mana »

animalos

Re: writing a book and plagiarism
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 07:33:44 AM »
hi all
I want to write a book. I have found a book which in some topics is very complete and well discused, so I intend to use this book as refrence but I don't know how much I am allowded to use this book to prevent plagiarism, I would be grateful if someone explain me the limits of using the other references, and also in my country some books are published as translated and collected is it plagiarism too or not in your country? in these books the writer mention the name of the most used refrences on the cover of the book of course the number of them is not more than 10 ;).
 thanks for your help in advance

Such a situation often sounds like legal liabilities. Reaching the authors beforehand and giving permission
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 08:30:03 AM by Borek »

Sponsored Links