April 16, 2024, 05:21:40 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Ingredients in gel polish  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Alyjml

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Ingredients in gel polish
« on: November 29, 2022, 11:18:08 PM »
Hello,

I have absolutley no training in chemistry and the chemistry that goes into gel nail polish .

I was hoping someone could help me out because I was given an ingredient list PDF and I want to double check and make sure the ingredients check out and are safe to use on my customers.

So far from what I see it doesn’t contain any of the ingredients other company’s claim are harmful, formaldehyde being the number one thing other companies stray away from. However, having no experience in chemistry I don’t even know what would be considered harmful to begin with.

This brand is Venalisa based in China. I like their products , I have never had any reaction to them they hold up well. But again I wouldn’t feel comfortable using them on other people without knowing they are safe.

If anyone would be willing to give the pdf file a glance and tell me if anything looks out of place I would appreciate it

It’s quite a large file because every different color has a different ingredient list.

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
Re: Ingredients in gel polish
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 10:34:35 AM »
The gel nail polish formulas you posted are very industry standard. I personally handle all these sorts of materials every day in their pure form (albeit wearing gloves and a lab coat).

Are they perfectly studied and definitely have no ill effects? No.

Are they generally considered pretty safe by most people who use and regulate them? Yes.

Offline Alyjml

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 06:46:21 PM »
The gel nail polish formulas you posted are very industry standard. I personally handle all these sorts of materials every day in their pure form (albeit wearing gloves and a lab coat).

Are they perfectly studied and definitely have no ill effects? No.

Are they generally considered pretty safe by most people who use and regulate them? Yes.

Thank you so much for your reply and taking the time to download the pdf and look through it.

I figured they weren’t putting anything outrageous inside them. But for some reason a lot of people have started a lot of fear mongering with the gel nail product brands that are based in China, while doting and raving about products from companies that aren’t inside China but do all the manufacturing there …

So I just wanted to double check and very much appreciate it !

Offline wildfyr

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +203/-10
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2022, 04:13:54 PM »
Well, companies in China do have some history of cutting corners and the safety regulation is lower there. So material in China has a greater chance of being not exactly what is on the list, or of having unintentional contamination.

For instance, butylated hydroxy anisol is a molecule forbidden to be used in cosmetics in France because it has certain labeling, but that is not the case in China (and I think the US?). This is just a tiny little difference for one tiny chemical, but where something is manufactured is one thing, where it is destined to be sold is another. Often one factory in germany might manufacure one grade of a chemical for the UK and another less pure one for Russia, even though they are 99.9% similar!

Sponsored Links