I'm not new to Chemistry. In high school and college done plenty of experiments with different materials. Now I'm doing social service in my spare time and doing experiments has been my hobby since my teenage years. I also own a refractor telescope.
I'm going to purify Sulphur by boiling it in Concentrated Sulfuric acid. I have done it previously for my friend who is a Ayurvedic Doctor. If you do not know "Ayurveda" kindly google it. Previously it used to be done in fume hoods. Now I'm in another city and it will take time , actually a lot of time for the fume hood to move here. Since a lot things will be moved and rearranged.
I'm going to be boiling the Sulfur in conc. H2SO4 and it will done in the Round Bottom Boiling Flask which has 3 Necks Interchangeable Joint , one straight up and other two angular. As you might be knowing Sulfur fumes are toxic and prolong exposure without proper precautions like mask and goggles may give cancer.
So the main socket of the flask will be having the probe sensor to keep the temperature constant in heating mantle and the other two sockets will be inserted with adapter which will be having a tubing to connect to a tube. Either a Rubber or silicone tube. The other end of the Rubber/silicone tube will be connected to a similar adapter but it will have a long tube dipped in another Flask having water so that the fumes/aerosols/particulate matter/particles do not escape in the air and I will be not required to wear continuously for 5 hours since it takes that much amount of time to purify.
So my question to you guys is can the particles(0.3 microns) or aerosols or particulate matter from the vapors of boiling Sulfur escape through the body of the Rubber/Silicone tube? Are the tubes thick enough not to let the particles of 0.3 microns escape them? Your answer is going to be a matter of life and death to me. Because I'm used to working in fume hoods and never done anything like this kind of setup. But I need some concrete answers. A good explanation will be much better. Someone who is expert on Sulfur can help me in this matter. One guy told me to use Hydrogen Peroxide 30% in the water to dilute the fumes/Gas.
Kindly guide and help.