March 28, 2024, 09:55:27 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: help with HS Chem basics  (Read 1023 times)

Offline ChristianMT

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
help with HS Chem basics
« on: January 30, 2023, 02:08:08 PM »
Hey, first time posting so sorry if my format is garbage.

I've graduated but I've taken a interest in becoming a biochemist and need to refresh my brain on the basics as I burnt all my school notes when I graduated...

I've enrolled into a online chemistry course but noticed I've completely forgotten everything so I'm looking for what I need to look into and learn to have that basic understanding before I start the actual course.

Thanks,
CT

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +526/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: help with HS Chem basics
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 02:30:55 PM »
If it's an intro to chemistry course, you shouldn't really need to do anything since most people taking it will have no prior chemistry experience. Beyond that you may consider purchasing a basic chemistry book (e.g, one of the "for dummies" line).
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: help with HS Chem basics
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 05:51:07 PM »
Typically any HS textbook should be helpful. Plus, if you have ever used one - use it again, it will be easier to refresh from the same source.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links