March 28, 2024, 11:16:55 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Solving for condensate volume from constituency breakdown of gas streams  (Read 1028 times)

Offline OkProject8842

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
College chemistry was a very long time ago for me. I need some assistance in figuring out what to google so I understand the basic concept/approach.

I have two gas streams with a known MCF volume the mole % for 10 compounds (H2, C1, C2, C3, i-C4, etc). These two gas streams are combined and then chilled. Condensate drops out of the gas.

I have the following information on the condensate: gallons and mole % for the same 10 compounds (some are zero).

How do I figure out how many gallons came from gas stream 1 and gas stream 2 incorporating the mole % information from the two gas streams and the condensate?

A linked to a solved problem or another post is fine. I'm just having trouble finding the right terms to google. I imagine this is an algebra problem of sorts. Thank you.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1799/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
I feel like all you can do is to assume condensate contains materials in the same ratio as they were present in the incoming streams - that is, if stream 1 contains ten times more X than the stream 2, condensate contains ten times more X from stream 1 than from stream 2.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links