April 28, 2024, 07:07:36 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Is there a software tool for looking up certain chemical ingredients?  (Read 1144 times)

Offline indigoeye11

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Hi.  I'm new to the forums and as a result aren't 100% sure where to put this topic so I won't hold it against you if this topic is moved somewhere else.  Chemistry is something that's new to me, but I wanted to know if there was a software tool that lets me look up products with certain chemical ingredients.  I ran across a youtube video about extracting ingredients from chemicals via separation and wanted to run an experiment and what not.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffmujESqNw&pp=ygUUZXh0cmFjdGluZyBjaGVtaWNhbHM%3D

Does there exist a a software tool that lets me lookup ingredients from various chem products.  Sorry if this topic is posted in the wrong spot.  Once again i'm new to the forums(and chemistry). 

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Does there exist a a software tool that lets me lookup ingredients from various chem products.

None that I am aware of.

In general reading product labels is the most logical approach, although their accuracy may depend on where you live and what are local regulations.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline indigoeye11

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I assumed that would be the answer some way or another.  Sorry for the late reply by the way.  I thought my email would inform me when they're a reply.

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
I thought my email would inform me when they're a reply.

Notifications can be set up, but they are off by default.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Sponsored Links