Chemistry Forums for Students > Physical Chemistry Forum

Chemical reactions during the synthesis of synthetic Ammonia using Strotium

(1/3) > >>

fidu13:
Hei everyone :)

I am investigating a possible route of synthetic ammonia production using strotium and would like to simulate this using Cantera. As I understand it, I need to create the mechanism file for this reaction, which I am currently struggling with. I would like to investigate the following main reactions:

Nitration :
2 Sr + N2  ::equil:: 2 SrN(s)
Hydronation:
2 SrN(s) 2 3H2  ::equil:: 2 Sr + 2 NH3
I started to put my mechanismus file together out of different sources but I am still missing any information about any reaction involving  Strontium. Where could I find such information? Is it possible to derive such information from other reaction involving other metals such as Ni, Al, Mg and Fe? Or is there anywhere a large libary/summary in a book I am not aware of?

I very much appricate any comment and help you are able to give me :)

Best,
David Kaeser

Hunter2:
First the chemical equation is wrong.
Why using Strontium. Hydrogen will not able to react. But water would do.

fidu13:
Dear Hunter2

Sorry for the wrong equation, now it should be correct in my opinion:
Nitration :
2 Sr + N2  ::equil:: 2 SrN(s)
Hydronation:
2 SrN(s) + 3H2  ::equil:: 2 Sr + 2 NH3

I am investigating sustainable ways of producing synthetic ammonia using thermochemical processes. Can I ask why you suspect that hydrogen will not be able to react? The reason why I want to use Strotium is that it has been shown in experiments to preform good in this reaction in low pressure regiem. Also the reaction has nitration and hydronation regimes which are seperated by temeperatures.

Corribus:
Unclear what information you are looking for. What does " any information about any reaction involving  Strontium" mean? That's incredibly vague.

fidu13:
Dear Corribus,

Thanks for the question. I am looking to complete my mechanism file to us it in Cantera as an input file for my reaction. Similiar to those files here, just with the added information for the Strontium reaction.

This would mean the activation energy and the Arrenius constants of all possible/likely reaction of Strontium with O, H, N and Ar. Here, Strontium would we in a solid form at the begining of the reaction and everything in gaseos form. I am struggling currently with two tasks:

* To obtain all possible and likely reaction happening. This includes reaction with a third body/ collison partner
* To derive the kinetics of said reaction
I hope this clarifies my problem a bit more :) Thanks for the help !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version