April 27, 2024, 06:20:49 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Data Interpretation  (Read 390 times)

Offline Decode

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Data Interpretation
« on: December 02, 2023, 09:00:46 PM »
Hello, everyone! New to the forum. I wanted to ask how I should interpret the table below. The research is also about how Used Cooking Oil can be made as a soap using Lye through the saponification process and in the table below are the different formulas on how to make one.

Original research can be found here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2772912523000106/pdf

My question is which formula am I using if my UCO is 500g, Lye 80g, and water 170g? Thank you!

Offline Borek

• Mr. pH
  • Administrator
  • Deity Member
  • Mole Snacks: +1801/-410
  • I am known to be occasionally wrong.
    • Chembuddy
Re: Data Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 03:46:49 AM »
There is no clear answer in the paper, probably because it is not the aim of the paper to produce the best formula.

These are formulas that were tested, further tables contain evaluation of the soaps produced with these ratios - but they don't in any way look conclusive.
ChemBuddy chemical calculators - stoichiometry, pH, concentration, buffer preparation, titrations.info

Offline Decode

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
Re: Data Interpretation
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 05:23:31 AM »
There is no clear answer in the paper, probably because it is not the aim of the paper to produce the best formula.

These are formulas that were tested, further tables contain evaluation of the soaps produced with these ratios - but they don't in any way look conclusive.

Oh alright, thank you so much!

Sponsored Links