April 27, 2024, 09:41:33 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: “magic sand” investigation  (Read 330 times)

Offline chenicplosion

• Very New Member
  • Mole Snacks: +0/-0
“magic sand” investigation
« on: January 11, 2024, 10:32:13 AM »
I’m really bad at chemistry and barely understand what my teacher is talking about. I have to do an “investigation” and write a poster with information. I did some, and got some from a friend (which I did not really understand how they got either,) and when I google it I feel like I’m just being told gibberish. I don’t really know what it’s asking or what to do. I don’t really know how to show intermolecular forces, or what that is, or what dipole charges are, or any of this. I have some answers because my friend gave them to me. I just don’t know anything about it, I guess.

I have a paper with what I’ve done, but I wouldn’t use that as what I know what to do. I kinda know how to do Lewis dot structures, I guess. I think I fell off after we learned that.

Google drive with the images, because they were too big to attach (thanks iPhone camera)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZBOIfyUzOiFS6ppUZVGZfM8cxMac_mWh

Offline Corribus

• Chemist
  • Mole Snacks: +530/-23
  • A lover of spectroscopy and chocolate.
Re: “magic sand” investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 11:42:38 AM »
With respect, your post is all over the place. It seems you are kind of asking us to explain vast amounts of foundational chemistry to you, but it's just not possible. You are more likely to receive useful help here if you ask specific, targeted questions. The better you can delineate what you understand from where you are having problems, the better we can help you.

Also some, including myself, cannot easily access data sharing sites like google drive. So, I have no idea what the file is that you linked to. You may get more mileage by posting what you need to in the body of your post rather than linking to files. If you are linking to huge files with lots of information that you want someone to explain to you - again this is probably not the best way to go about getting help here.
What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?  - Richard P. Feynman

Sponsored Links