April 28, 2024, 07:53:57 AM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: Seeking Guidance on Exam Dilemma - Can Someone Share Advice?  (Read 363 times)

trevorwatson

Seeking Guidance on Exam Dilemma - Can Someone Share Advice?
« on: January 12, 2024, 03:48:25 AM »
Hope you're all doing well! I'm currently facing a dilemma and could use some friendly advice. Due to unforeseen circumstances, it seems nearly impossible for me to take my upcoming online exam. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation or considered deleted link seeking help from someone else to take my online exam? I'm not sure about the best course of action or the ethical considerations involved. If anyone has insights, recommendations, or experiences they're willing to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. Just looking for some guidance during a challenging time!

mod edit  deleted link
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:44:15 AM by billnotgatez »

Offline Vidya

• Mole Snacks: +46/-62
  • Online Chemistry and Organic Chemistry tutor
    • Online Chemistry Tutor
Re: Seeking Guidance on Exam Dilemma - Can Someone Share Advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 09:51:50 AM »
Best course of action is drop an email requesting  to shift the date of the exam giving reasons why you are unable to do it.

Offline billnotgatez

• Global Moderator
  • Mole Snacks: +223/-62
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 10:58:20 AM »
For everyone who uses this forum.

This forum does not support  plagiarism or cheating
Links to sites that offer to help you  write a paper or take your exams are not welcome here

I believe that the original post in this thread was a sneaky way for getting a link on this forum.
I deleted the link and left this thread up as an example.

Such links  hurt legitimate tutors and web sites that help students.
Also harms the integrity of learning institution by encourage poor behavior of students.

Offline rjb

• Mole Snacks: +17/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 11:38:40 AM »
Dear OP,

There are no circumstances where it is remotely acceptable to hire somebody else to take an exam on your behalf and by doing so, you are in-effect committing fraud. If your post is genuine, contact your tutor or course administrators and have a discussion about your personal circumstances as soon as you can.

I have been involved in investigating a number of academic practice offences at my institution over the years and I can assure you, the likelihood and consequences of getting caught are much higher than you might realise. Typical punishments for those found guilty (which for us is based upon 'balance of probability' and not upon 'beyond all reasonable doubt') range from complete failure of the module all the way up to dismissal without academic credit - Only last month an international student was dismissed with nothing after completing nearly 3 years of his degree programme and in the process lost his right to remain in the country. For some students, being found guilty may also mean a complete prohibition from membership of certain practice-related professional bodies - in some instances for life. 

I have fairly recently investigated a number of examples of students who have utilised 'essay mills' (now illegal in the UK) to produce work on their behalf and in most instances, it is pretty obvious. Whenever there is doubt, we reserve the right to conduct a viva voce with the student to determine if their knowledge in-person matches what their written content and will also compare their submitted work to previously submitted examples, a process that bring further scrutiny on the student and sometimes even provides evidence of previous wrongdoing. 

In a number of instances, students who utilised 'essay mills' or used 'ringers' have been subsequently blackmailed and were forced to pay cash to avoid the 'essay mill' from informing the university. Indeed two examples I investigated were tip offs from 'essay mills' whose clients had not paid them to keep quiet afterwards!

Just don't do it...

Sponsored Links