April 19, 2024, 08:28:46 PM
Forum Rules: Read This Before Posting

Topic: hello from london  (Read 4946 times)

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
hello from london
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:12:26 PM »
hi guys.. i m so glad that i had endured the freaking long 13h flight from home to heathrow airport. plain miserable and totally unrewarding. moreover i gotta endured a foul mooded passport officer at the customs

:(

least life aint that bad.. after 4days straight without internet, i felt like fish out of water and finally got my hands on the school library workstations at imperial college to send this posting. first day at the chemical engineering department was pretty interesting. the lecturer asked all of us to derive the mass of oxygen in the air at the lecture room. we all had different opinion of the percentage composition of air (16 or 20 percent?) and the assumptions made to calculate the volume of air and whatever phenomena (such as lots of pp inside a room) that would decrease the amount of oxygen present.. LOL

it was great insight to future team work with my small tutorial group - just 7 of us in all. I can forsee intense academic competition since my tutorial group are mostly asian scholars. glad that my dept offer a yr abroad at the english-speaking delft university in netherlands.. hope to spend my 4th year there!
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Offline movies

• Organic Minion
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +222/-21
  • Better living through chemistry!
Re:hello from london
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 01:24:05 PM »
Wow.  Good luck, I know that I could never cut it in ChemE.

Offline Mitch

• General Chemist
  • Administrator
  • Mole Snacks: +376/-3
  • "I bring you peace." -Mr. Burns
    • Chemistry Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 05:17:18 PM »
Congratulations, stay focus. Those engineers know how to throw good parties.
Most Common Suggestions I Make on the Forums.
1. Start by writing a balanced chemical equation.
2. Don't confuse thermodynamic stability with chemical reactivity.
3. Forum Supports LaTex

Offline Donaldson Tan

• Editor, New Asia Republic
  • Retired Staff
  • Mole Snacks: +261/-13
    • New Asia Republic
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »
it's been partying every night since saturday and not to mention free/cheap booze!
"Say you're in a [chemical] plant and there's a snake on the floor. What are you going to do? Call a consultant? Get a meeting together to talk about which color is the snake? Employees should do one thing: walk over there and you step on the friggin� snake." - Jean-Pierre Garnier, CEO of Glaxosmithkline, June 2006

Sponsored Links